Friday, December 10, 2010

Textiles and Jewellery

I am having a couple of markets before Christmas and the next one I am sharing the experience with a friend who will be there for the twilight market 1-5pm. Carole is a jewellery and textile maker who makes extraordinary, individual or limited numbers of pieces. We are having a stall at the Nunawading Arts market in Victoria on Sunday 12th December 1-5pm. I am sharing this blog with Carole as she is yet to have a blog.

I have been weaving and knitting and sewing over the last couple of years and Carole has been making also. I have a few images from Carole to show some of her current earrings.

I have a few images from Carole to show some of her current earrings.

Here are a few images of my creations that I have been making.





Knitting above

I am knitting some yarn that I dyed about a year or two ago was trying to work out what to use or sell it as – knitting yarn or make up into an item. I had been trying out different mixes of colour depth and combinations. As I was roaming through this stash, I couldn’t help myself as started my free knitting, which is when I sense which knitting needles and number of stitches then commence knitting and will decide as I go the shape, patterning, and length all determined by the weight of the wool.

Here is a little view of some, along with other creations that we have made and will be on show this sunday. thank you

No comments:

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...