Wednesday, June 15, 2011

P2P2

These images are from Heidi who I thank for being my P2P2 sender and I hope Desiree has ideas for the ones I sent her.


My start of P2P2 is a delight which arrived via mail recently - My pictures. Interesting in many ways, from texture to entertaining and just the choice of colours I have recently decided I need to explore.
There is one more to come when the scanner is co-operating with me again.
I have just put on a black, grey, white warp for a few Saori  weavings.
The ideas are brewing and so far I have many, but want to add texture or a element of using weft across the face of my weavings. I aim to keep abreast on this project.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, the cow!!

Anonymous said...

The metal post looks interesting. I was unable to enlarge it but it has a lot of patterns going on. I also like the burst of red in the cow photo, it could work in well to a repeat pattern.

Alternative Thoughts said...

I thank both shirley and meg for your interest, I have found them all stimulating with patterns and splash's of colour like the firehydrant.

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...