Monday, May 16, 2011

Saori


White bubbles


This saori was fun to make, while exploring more of my white 'n' white idea. the clasp weaving with inlaying of a thick and thin yarn white is supposed to felt, but having used before does not very much. I wonder if it was because of being used more for knitting which would allow for more shrinkage.


The Square

While weaving this one I was wondering how the Alpaca that I had dyed would look like together. there is something very touchable and compelling about this piece. The squareness is what I call freeform with constrained as a harmony comes to me while I was making.

Red

To plan for three weaving from the one warp, which gave me a freeing from just patterning by the lifting of shafts to how or what yarns I use will give individual looks to of a different nature is fantastic.

Bamboo

Bamboo and wool what happens well a very soft drapable length of material with the greens giving another element to this piece.

This is another of the three which goes with the red saori which I think of as motion with the two yarns. The way a variegated yarn shows up both as a stripe and balancing the pink side and the demin together.


The making of these saori pieces by myself had given a passion in how many more ways can I create colour, texture, patterns and excitement.

1 comment:

sampling said...

They are all wonderful but I especially like the white on white and teh red/grey ones. Glad you are enjoying the Saori weaving so much.

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...