Monday, March 12, 2012

Taradale Arts Show


I am one of three who will have their work made into postcards for the 150th Viaduct celebrations in October 2012, which came from winning a judged Taradale Arts show which was on over the long weekend of March (labor day). I have woven three tapestries with two being of yarn and one bark and yarn. I looked at the Viaduct at different lights and decided the evening with a lovely golden sun(we have a history of mining here) showing in shadow our very large Viaduct for a small town.



I congratulate the two works and their makers and look forward to seeing all three postcards in due time.

Thank you

No comments:

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...