Saturday, December 11, 2010

A few explorations for small pieces


Brooches


The brooches I have been making for some time now, have evolved and now I realize is going to be about the different ideas I have, than about one style. I like making brooches as it gives myself the chance to try out some ways of doing and giving people a taste of what I am exploring at that time.


woven


zigzag

This method was shown at a workshop I was attending, and we were told bring it into your own by how and what I do with the method. I know this sounds a bit confusing, but I just needed to put this in.



BOOKMARKS

Wool


silk and cotton part double weave


I had learnt a method of dying yarn early 2010 at a friends place. This introduced myself to bookmarks and how to make them interesting. I have made a few in different types with the blue by using different wefts and lifting order to see what happens and so far so good. I thank Kaz for her method of starting and finishing the edges, so I didn't have to sew or hem stitch the edge.


I am having a market on the 17th December at Castlemaine (Artist market) with stephen who makes glass fused plates and we are looking forward to meeting anyone who comes up for a chat.

No comments:

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...