Thursday, September 01, 2011

P2P2 - A Weaving Journey

P2P2

This has been a very welcomed addition.
I am showing some of the ideas that came forward and looked over some previous weaving that just leaping forward when I thought about this experience.

Two of the images that are very welcome during a cold time this winter.

The grass brought out an old warp that was to be 6 layers but not the colours for me, now happy with a rep weave, yet to be washed.

Whites with texture from all images.

This is for me a throw with another to follow that will be different whites and black instead of grey. The length is 127cm wide which I really like as it gives the Saori/ clasp weft method a fun-ness for me.


Two that brings out the patterns. images in previous P2P2 blog - 15/4/2011

It has been such a pleasure to be part of this project with so many other people that make such wonderful textiles and for Meg to the encouragement and providing the stimulas that has reach far.

Thank you

4 comments:

Meg said...

I LOVE the piece with the red in the middle! Save that one for me!! :-)

Peg Cherre said...

Ok, I am going to HAVE to try some clasped weft weaving. I can't stop admiring it!

c u r i o u s w e a v e r said...

I've really enjoyed following your experiments and weaves for this project, they are wonderful!

sampling said...

Love all of them, especially the throw!

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...