Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Showing Textiles


It was the opening of Viewpoint "Handmade" Gallery in Bendigo, and I am showing the Textiles that I'm very pleased to have made. It is two parts - wall hanging and two sets of box's that were part of my graduation work, and the shelf of making - sarves woven and brooches sewn.

The evening was lovely, with a dear friend and husband coming along and meeting new people plus a friend I haven't seen in years, what a buzz. A lovely tea nearby and supper afterwards after a day of exploring and catching up with another friend.

So Pleased to be in the world of making and showing others some of my creations as you can see I am wearing one of my scarves. It feeds the ordered with freedom. 

1 comment:

Kaz said...

THe saori inspired scarf you are wearing looks stunning Michelle.

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...