Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Hand dyed and Knitting

 I explored a couple of years ago - Microwave dyeing with mainly local yarns (except for some very old bubbly yarns - ? Paton's that I got locally). They range in 3-8 plys and I used Food colouring, coming from the primary with only a couple of secondary like green, brown and possible an orange.






 I have hand knitted since I was 11, often following patterns but these scarves are my free form or freedom style. I have applied cast on and do what feels interesting and when I have used the whole ball of 25 -50 grams.


 












 

The next few show a close up of what I have knitted - like wrapping, garter stitch, bringing knitting through and over or picked up. 









This is a gather method that I tried and is more than the 50 grams in weight as I had been going to use as a warp but knitting happened.



 
Just a few made.

No comments:

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...