Tuesday, May 09, 2017

A Warp Dyed


                          Nature, Natural, 3D

        The start of dyeing warps and weaving them. The gave the first of these as a thank you but forgot to photograph. These two have been seen in local exhibition in March. 
Two of three from warp.
          I liked making the frames for these, painting the timbers, the work also included branches and some alpaca given to me from some kind locals, that I dyed and felted.
Back of loom 
         Weaving away in the studio, using both plain weave and a Huck lace from my favourite weave book (a gift).
Alpaca dyed and both wet & needle felted.
            I have been exploring other ideas with patterns and coloured weft. So a little bit woven to see and further the possibilities.
Testing idea for future weaves. 
            The front woven plain weave for panel, at this stage I was thinking a different end item. I may still do my original idea.
Working away on loom of dyed warp.

No comments:

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...