Sunday, June 18, 2017

Spin, dye, to Yarn



To go from fleece to yarn is bringing much intriguing effects. I went from the 2nd image to the first and was amazed at the outcome. A process which brings with each step a varying mix of responses, but I keep going because the learning of what happens to the wool each time it is changed is stimulating ideas and play.






I was felting into noodles; from fleece which then gave myself the idea of using the drawn out sections of fleece in spinning was a possibility. What everyone will have guessed by now. Is that I have only been shown a very basic amount of spinning on a drop spindle and this is working for now as it allowed for me to accept each yarn made and colour; I played with teaching myself new things without judgement.




Watching fleece that is so vibrant while drying. Then below I am testing out ways to store, show the colours with plaiting.




The process of making my own yarn or in future felt or other ideas from my own dyed fibre/yarns is fun or who knows sell to people to make exciting textile pieces.






To end this blog I show some more spinning on the 3D spindle; I got from the Bendigo Wool and Sheep show last year. I have many more options of colour and types of wool that are now on a long list of trying and using in textiles.

Motto - Remember fun, play and experimentation in fibre brings much joy.




No comments:

Weaving

To be weaving this length approx 3 metres long and 10cm wide. I have used 100% wool, for both warp and weft. The weft is made up of single o...